Thursday, March 26, 2009

Muskrat Love

Okay so Tim tells me one night last week that there was a woodchuck in the yard digging while him and Hayden were out in the yard. My Dad saw it as well when he playing with Hayden earlier.
That was weird I thought.... since Hayden is so loud I thought he would scare it away. Tim said it just kept on digging. He even got a nice picture of it.
Turns out this thing was not a woodchuck but a muskrat and it was STUCK in the fence. The digging was it trying it's hardest to claw its way out .
So the next night when I took a look at it the poor thing was not moving any longer. (Bad sign) I called my Dad over with his heavy cutters and he freed the poor thing. But it was too late. The muskrat had already gone to the swap in the sky.

And people call this town the city when we have wildlife like this in our yard.

No comments: