Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Cleaning the floor

Not usually something I post about or even talk about but I read this grout cleaning remedy in another blog I read and thought I would give it a try.
When we remodeled I wanted a white bathroom. White tile, white tub/toilet, and white cabinets with the whole Swedish yellow and blue combo....Why didn't someone smack me in the head!?!?!? That is the worst possible color with 2 kids and with my dark hair. I'm constantly cleaning this floor and tile. It's horrible! I would do everything differently if I had the chance. Anyway...
I read about using vinegar to clean grout without being abrasive on the grout itself. I thought I would try it out since our grout was turning yellow with dirt and age.
Gross I know.

It's basicly 2 parts vinegar to 1 part water and use a stiff brush. Now I don't know if the act of scrubbing or the magic mixture of the vinegar did the job, but I was nicely surprised at the results.
Fortunately enough for me, my bathroom floor is small because my arms hurt for 2 days after this cleaning. :-)

No comments: