Friday, May 9, 2008

Saying Good-bye to an old friend...



Okay my husband thinks I'm nuts to be so emotional over a car...but come on people! This is the car that we brought our children home from the hospital in. The car that we traveled to PA, WI, MI, and OH in. The car we've taken hundreds of trips to visit friends and family in and was the first big purchase Tim and I made as a couple.
So forgive me if I feel nostalgic when it comes to my truck.
A few weeks ago my truck received a death sentence. The mechanic said it need LOTS of work that would cost LOTS of money. Something we weren't sure we could sink into a car that was 12 years old and had over 100,000 miles. We needed to know, when to say "when."
We started researching on cars we wanted to look at and test drive. Really I don't know how many hours we spent online compiling our "wish list."
We decided to go look last Saturday and test drove a dozen cars to see which would be the best fit for us and came across this gem.

A 2007 Chrysler Pacifica with 6K miles on it. We really enjoyed this car and felt comfortable in it but really knew nothing about it. So we went home empty handed and started searching again. We looked into this car and found the price we saw was a GREAT deal!!! We looked into ratings, and consumer reports, and gas reports. All lead us to our purchase on Monday of our new baby.
While this car will never bring home a child from the hospital, it will take Hayden and Jax to school for the first time. And most likely (and hopefully) will take them on their first dates and drivers permits in. So while I will miss the fun we had in our truck I am looking forward to the adventures we will have in our new one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice, at least it is not a minivan!!

Nate H.

Traci and Tim said...

You're telling me! That was a LAST resort...but guess what? This means road trip to your wedding :)

T : ) said...

Hey!!!

No knockin people with minvans!!! I too said I would never own one... Kids happen!! ROFL

love the car... those are sharp lookin! It needs to be tested on a drive to the Burgh!