Thursday, June 24, 2010

My Texas Trip

This beautiful little baby bundle was one of the reasons I left my husband and kids and flew to Dallas at the crack of dawn :) My cousin Kris and her husband Justin are the proud parents to Olivia Rose... only 5 weeks old in this photo. I just had to see how my oldest friend was adjusting motherhood and love on the baby for a few days plus the added bonus is all of her family is there in TX and I got to see my Godmother too! She is doing amazing and created such a cutie!!It didn't hurt that this is her backyard either ;) wink wink ;) We spent one evening in the spa with some drinks and good conversation. It was a great end the weekend.
I was also there to take baby portraits and family portraits but those will follow in a separate post. She took me to she her horse Pecos. He is a beauty! I dragged along my camera, of course, and took his portrait as well.
Here's Kris with her oldest child Ronan. Ebi is standing behind him wondering what is going on. He must stand at least 6' when he's standing like this. BIG dog but very gentle and loving... well he tries to be gentle. With feet like his you're bound to get under them. When I got home I was looking at my foot and wondering what happened that I had a big bruise on the top.... Duh! Ronan stepped on my foot :) LOL
and here is Kris and I and Olivia. We've know each other since she was in her mom's belly. We grew up together camping and holidays and in each other's back pocket some of the time. We always didn't get along, me throwing her Hot Wheel cars under a cabinet and in high school we grew apart a bit. But we've come full circle... she is the godmother to my child and one of my dearest friends. We don't live close by but I think of them often.

1 comment:

Sandy Whalen said...

so cool that you have kept your friendship and can share your lives now! So proud of you both!