Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Sparring


It's been awhile since I was able to see Hayden spar at karate so I took along my camera to capture a few snaps. He is so determined but also still so afraid... he's gotten really good at blocking and bouncing on his toes like a boxer but I only saw him throw 3 or 4 punches and kicks in 5 rounds. I thought with me as his mother he might be more assertive :D LOL
Hayden tests for his BROWN belt at the end of April....from there it will be a long road. The classes get MUCH harder and longer in between belts. He will really be tested in his drive and focus to reach black.
Tournament is also around the corner... last few tournaments he's come home with a total of 6 trophies so I know he will do well but he needs to up his practice time if he wants to repeat. The higher you go the harder it becomes...
I will be proud of him either way :D

No comments: