Monday, January 11, 2010

Being Festive

We still decided to set-up both trees this year, even with trying to cut back. I won't go without our 'family' tree and Hayden wouldn't allow us NOT to set-up the Star Wars tree. Hayden was very helpful this year. We didn't have to 're-decorate' the ones he hung. Took him 7 years but he's learned the concept of spacing.This was also the year I gave my Sesame Street ornaments to Jaxson. These were given to me when I was a baby/toddler by my Uncle. They were made in 1971 and it is rare to have the entire set still intact. I sometimes wonder what they are worth but now they are not mine to wonder over. Jax's love of Sesame Street and Elmo earned him the right to own these.
He was very fond fond of them and didn't think anything of ripping them off the tree and playing with them at his table :) I on the other hand had a heart attack each time he handed me one!
Boys ganged up on Daddy while he was trying to hang the kid-cat safe ornaments on the bottom :)
My favorite past time as a kid was staring up into the decorated tree and looking at the lights and all the ornaments hanging down. Jax and Hayden I guess get it from me.

Our finished tree, at least the first one. Maybe next year it will be safe enough to bring back into the room and out of the corner.

No comments: