Saturday, January 9, 2010

A day of blessings

I think it is appropriate that I start blogging again with this post, a Thanksgiving picture from this year. On a day when you are to be thankful of all things dear, there was still something missing for Tim and I. Knowledge that our little family could lose our home unless he found a job. Now we were not in crisis, oh my god we're moving in with our parents as of yet, but it was looming over our heads since the job markets were not being kind to either one of us. The possibility that we could lose everything that we, especially Tim, have worked so hard for, just because someone in a boardroom 3 months ago made a decision that would affect and change our lives without ever knowing us. Most of you will say that us business but damn business! I guess that is why I love where I work because we are very family orientated and my co-workers will bend over backward to help you out. But back to my point.
On a day we were thankful that our children are healthy, happy and well adjusted kids. (most of the time) That some of our family members were there to celebrate the day with us and were in good spirits, and that I did not ruin the turkey after a very rushed call to 1-800-BUTTERBALL :)

I can now say our prayers have been answered and that Tim will begin a new job on Monday. It came at a wonderful time when things were starting to look not so great and the job market was still being unkind. God, angels, Grandma & Grandpa, or Dad K kicked someone in the tush and told them what an amazing person Tim is and what a hard worker and they called right before Christmas to offer him a position. Praise be! Prayers do get answered in a way, if you ask enough and hard enough.
Through the past few months we have seen how we can live on a budget and can survive without and looking now it wasn't so bad. Maybe just maybe this was someones idea of a wake-up call. Thank you, we are eyes open now but please give us warning if you need to repeat this experience.
So I can say I am thankful for my husband, my children, my family, and the life we worked for.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen!

Mom W.

Jeannette said...

Yay!!! Congratulations Tim & Traci! That is absolutely wonderful that Tim has a job again. Gabby & I have been reading The American Girls Books the Kit Kittredge Series which is about the depression. And let me tell you...what an eye opening experience it has been. I know we aren't in a 'Depression' but so many of the things people have had to deal with back then are going on now and I makes me want to be more thrify in the things I spend money on. Maybe look at how to extend the groceries & go without for some things so we can save for a rainy day. I don't know...it just really puts a different view in my head & makes me very thankful for all that I have.

I am over joyed that Tim found a job.