Tuesday, February 3, 2009

1 Year Old

1 year old, can you believe it? I know I can't. I still remember all the organizing and getting ready we did last year, like it was yesterday. The crazy weather when we brought him home... heck Hayden was still in preschool. Does that even see possible?

Anyway I wanted to wait till Jax's doctor appointment to post the bear picture.
He weighs 22lbs. 3 oz. and is 31 1/2 inches tall.
25% for weight and 95% for height. Tall and skinny like majority of the men in the family :-)
He has met or exceeded all of his developmental requirements. The doctor was impressed with is running and the few words I was able to get him to say. As of now he says,
Mama, Dada, Meow for the cat, Lamp, Nana (banana - sorry Jo) and he's getting the hang of Elmo. He can also sign milk, more, and please. We're working on thank you and a few others. It's just so much easier till he gets the hang of speech.
He had completely master the art of walking which has led to running and turning circles and dancing. Its really cute to see that diapered tush bop to the music. :)
He's eating lots more regular food. (i.e. not mashed/blended) I'm almost completely out of my freezer stash which is weird since I've been making him food for 9 months now. Now he's getting a bit of what we're eating. New foods we've tried this week are CAKE :) eggs, spaghetti, and raw broccoli. All of them were hits. Surprising since Hayden hates broccoli and eggs.
I felt bad at his check-up he received 4 shots and a finger prick for a lead test. Darn old house! He cried and cried this time. I think because they did the finger prick first he was well and worked up for the shots. I even cried this time because they had me hold him and it was like I was hurting him, although I know I wasn't. :( That's the sad part about being a Mommy.

Not many firsts this month, although he did get another tooth. He has 5 now with a 6th on it's way any day.

Keep checking in for there are more firsts to come and many new things for Jax to learn. :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

wish I could see that smile in person...he's so darn adorable!!! Nice tall & lean boy you have. So much to accomplish in the 1st few years. Can't believe how quickly it goes by.

Traci and Tim said...

Well maybe we will just have to meet up again this summer. Green Bay is halfway ;)

Lucie said...

Happy birthday, Jax!

Traci and Tim said...

Lucie!!! Hi!!